1. What are the difference between travel agents, such as Orbitz, and travel searcgh engines suxh as Mobissimo? * Then there are the base differences around business model - OTA's are retailers that charge cards and supply services. OTA (the retailer) owes their livelihood to the punter, to the customer. The person they get their money from is the consumer making a booking. OTAs build loyalty through deal hunting, sales, customer service, customer contact and building unique product. Meta-search customers are media companies trading in eyeballs, clicks and page views. The meta-search company owes its livelihood to the advertiser, to the supplier. They get their money from the click buyers, suppliers and media companies that buy the eyeballs looking for travel. Meta-search companies build retention through convincing consumers that only meta-search can provide the best price.
2. Find examples of other travel suppliers that don’t list their services on OTA’s. * Travel suppliers that do not list their services with an Online travel supplier include: TravelSafe, Travel Insurance Services, TravelGuard, CSA Travel Protection, MH Ross, and Travelex Insurance Services.
3. From the perspective of travel suppliers, what are the advantages of travel search engines? * Computer savvy people don't ever have to rely on travel agencies to book their vacations. Airlines have their own easy-to-use booking sites with real-time price updates. Aggregate sites are hooked into multiple airlines for easy comparison shopping. There are many reasons why booking your travel arrangements online is better than going to a travel agent's office.
* Your computer in your home is always convenient, 24 hours a day. You can book travel online in the middle of the night without leaving home. You won't spend any gas for travel to the office, and you won't waste time finding a travel agent. Information
* A travel agent will tell you what he can do for...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document