Unit four: Principles of supporting change in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 3 pages and is made up of 3 Sections.
Name: Steven Dove
Section 1 – Understand why change happens in a business environment
1. Explain why change happens in a business environment. You should include at least three reasons in your answer.
Reasons for change in a business environment may include:
• A business wants to reduce waste and costs
• A business launches a new product
• A business introduces 24-hour customer support
• A business introduces quality management techniques
- Political factors
• Government (policies, regulations, grants and the government as a client or customer) • International (conflict, political change, pressure groups and trade policies) • Legislation (domestic, European, future legislation, and international legislation) - Economic factors
• Domestic (competitors' behaviour, economic performance of businesses in the UK, trends, tax and interest rates) • International (competitors' behaviour, economy, economic trends, tax, interest rates, exchange rates and trade issues)
Advertising and PR, brands and image, consumer attitudes, consumer buying preferences, demographics, ethical issues, events, media views.
Ability to install new technology (and of competitors to do so), emerging new technologies, funding for technological research, development and implementation, intellectual property rights, technology legislation and the technological life cycle.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of supporting change in a business environment
1. Identify the main reasons for reviewing working methods, products and / or services in a business environment.
In a business environment nothing stays the same and therefore it is likely that there will be continual review of the working methods, products or services to ensure that they are still suitable and efficient. One of the main reasons why a company will review their working methods is so that it can keep up to date with the expectations of its customers. This will ensure the company can stay competitive and meet its targets and objectives. A change to a service or product offered by the company could mean that related procedures need to be reviewed to ensure they are still correct. Another reason is the introduction of better technology which will make the processes quicker. This will provide a better service to a customer and give a better product.
2. When a business is going through change:
a) Describe the different types of support that people may need.
Some support people may need if people are finding it difficult to change to new ways in a business is through some of the following:
- Training – provide high quality targeted training for staff so people can pick up new skills - Informal Training – Managers help their staff and then encourage them to help other staff - Encouragement – Make encouraging statements about the progress being made. - Listen – Be willing to listen to staff and their concerns before going through with any changes. - Benefits – Emphasise any benefits of the change.
- Counselling or coaching – From trained professionals....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document