Unit four: Principles of supporting change in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 3 pages and is made up of 3 Sections.
Name: xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Section 1 – Understand why change happens in a business environment
1. Explain why change happens in a business environment. You should include at least three reasons in your answer.
Our sociality changes every day. Our needs, expectations and requirements change. There for a lot of businesses need to make changes as well. Sometimes the changes are not really required by customers, sometimes, business make a change to improve itself. We can consider:
- Reactive changes – changes made as an response to external pressures - Proactive changes – changes made due to internal demands There are four main external influences on the operation of a business: - Political
Internal changes could be for example:
- A need to reduce waste and costs
- Lunching new products
- Introducing 24hr customer support
- Upgrading the software
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of supporting change in a business environment
1. Identify the main reasons for reviewing working methods, products and / or services in a business environment.
It is important to review working methods, products and services. Changes in business environment occur every day. Some of them...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document