Investment Report on Ific Bank Limited

Topics: Loan, Debt, Bond Pages: 31 (7383 words) Published: December 7, 2012
Chapter: 1
1.1 Background of the report:
In order to complete the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree, Southern University Bangladesh, requires a three months attachment with an organization followed by a report assigned and endorsed by a faculty advisor. I joined as an internee in IFIC Bank Ltd., Agrabad Branch, to do my internship. My faculty supervisor Mr. Md. Abdullah Al Hasan, Department of Business Administration, Southern University Bangladesh, supervised the topic – “Investment Management Practices-A case study on IFIC Bank Ltd.” and authorized me to prepare this report as part of the fulfillment of internship requirement.

1.2 Objectives of the Report:
Every research work is guided by a set of organized objectives in order to make a comprehensive ending of the report. The main objective of the study is to get an overall idea about the loans and advances management operations in the International Finance Investment and Commerce Bank Limited. On the basis of the above main objective, the followings are set as subordinated objectives: a. To know about investment instruments available to IFIC Bank. b. To evaluate the factors effectives choice of Investment to IFIC Bank. c. To know the investment policy of IFIC Bank.

d. To gather knowledge regarding year wise investment in different instruments to IFIC Bank.
e. To evaluate the financial performance in investment to IFIC Bank. f. To asses the investment risk to IFIC Bank.
g. To analysis the strength and weakness or problem to IFIC Bank. h. To give the suggestion to improve the weakness to IFIC Bank.

1.3 Methodology of the Report:
The subject undoubtedly requires vast information almost all types of scientific methods will be followed to complete the proposed study. The methods are as follows:

1.4 Limitation of the Study:

In every steps of life, one has to face numerous constraints. While preparing this report I faced some problems. These are as follows:

a. Insufficient time to make a detailed report.
b. Professionals/specialists are reluctant in giving information during interview. c. Confidential information was not accurately obtained.

Chapter: 2
Company Profile

2.1 The bank in Sketch
International Finance Investment and Commerce Bank Limited (IFIC Bank) is a banking company incorporated in the People's Republic of Bangladesh with limited liability. It was set up at the instance of the Government in 1976 as a joint venture between the Government of Bangladesh and sponsors in the private sector with the objective of working as a finance company within the country and setting up joint venture banks/financial institutions abroad. The Government held 49 per cent shares and the rest 51 per cent were held by the sponsors and general public. In 1983 when the Government allowed banks in the private sector, IFIC was converted into a full-fledged commercial bank.

2.2 Ownership Structure
As on December 31, 2010 total holding of shares by the Sponsors and Directors of the Bank is 41.12% which are allowed tradable subject to prior permission from the SEC and the rest 58.88% are in free float.

Table: 1
|Particulars |No. of Shares |% of Shareholding | |Directors “A” Class |632,460 |2.90 | |Government “B” Class |7,138,616 |32.75 | |Sponsors “A” Class |1,193,154 |5.47 | |General Public “A” Class |12,834,030 |58.88...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Intern Report on Brac Bank Limited Essay
  • Intership Report on National Bank Limited Essay
  • A report on foreign exchange of National Bank Limited Essay
  • Investment Bank Essay
  • Report on Investments of Export Import Bank Bangladesh Limited Essay
  • Report on Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited Essay
  • Internship Report on City Bank Limited Research Paper
  • Loan Disbursement and Recovery System of Ific Bank Limited Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free