The human brain is the center of the human nervous system. All the functions and the decisions of human being have been decided by the brain. The adult human brain weighs on average about 3 lb (1.5 kg) with a size (volume) of around 1130 cubic centimeters (cm3) in women and 1260 cm3 in men, although there is substantial individual variation.
The Theory of the structure and functions of the mind suggests that the two different sides of the brain control two different “modes” of thinking. The two types of brain are Left brain & right brain. Each individuals have different thinking pattern and different attitudes based on the type of brain. It also suggests that each of us prefers one mode over the other. Experimentation has shown that the two different sides, or hemispheres, of the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking.
This is a test to asses yourself . Get a blank sheet of lined paper. Every time you read a description or characteristic that applies to you, write down its number on the blank sheet of paper. There is no certain number of characteristics you must choose. After you are done, view the key. Next to every number on your paper, write whether it was a L or an R. Count up the number of L's and R's. Whichever number is higher represents your dominance. If the numbers are close, that means you use both sides of your brain equally. 1. I constantly look at a clock or wear a watch
2. I keep a journal or diary of my thoughts
3. I believe there is a either right and wrong way to do everything 4. I find it hard to follow directions precisely
5. The expression "Life is just a bowl of cherries" makes no sense to me 6. I frequently change my plans and find that sticking to a schedule is boring 7. I think it's easier to draw a map than tell someone how to get somewhere 8. To find a lost item, I try to picture it in my head where I last saw it 9. I frequently let my emotions guide me
10. I learn math with ease
11. I'd read the directions before assembling something
12. People tell me I am always late getting places
13. People have told me that I'm psychic
14. I need to set goals for myself to keep me on track
15. When somebody asks me a question, I turn my head to the left 16. If I have a tough decision to make, I write down the pros and the cons 17. I'd probably make a good detective
18. I learn music with ease
19. To solve a problem, I think of similar problems I have solved in the past 20. I use a lot of gestures
21. If someone asks me a question, I turn my head to the right 22. I believe there are two ways to look at almost everything 23. I have the ability to tell if people are lying or guilty of something, just by looking at them 24. I keep a "to do" list
25. I am able to thoroughly explain my opinions in words 26. In a debate, I am objective and look at he facts before forming an opinion 27. I've considered becoming a poet, a politician, an architect, or a dancer 28. I always lose track of time
29. When trying to remember a name I forgot, I'd recite the alphabet until I remembered it 30. I like to draw
31. When I'm confused, I usually go with my gut instinct 32. I have considered becoming a lawyer, journalist, or doctor Compare your answers with the key, and find out what kind of brain you have. RIGHT BRAIN
Right brain characteristics differentiates a person so drastically that they appear different than the left brain user. Right brain characteristics are different than those of the left brain. Until recently, left handed individuals were considered inferior to the right handed people. This was so because they think and act differently when compared to the right handed people. The situation has changed as people compare less these days, and it does not matter whether one is right-handed or left-handed. Now, it is known that the left...