Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to ….. and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information). 1. Names of the Parties – The employees name/organisation name and the employers name 2. Date of commencement of employment
3. Main place of work
4. Job title
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment. 1. Health and safety
2. Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Pay and pension
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment. 1. Pension
3. Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information. Internal
• Line managers
• Personnel specialists
• Trade union representatives
• Legal professionals
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees. One example of a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document