Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: toni woolford business administration unit 1 assessment 1
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
• Place of work
• Duties and responsibilities
• Probationary period
• Disciplinary procedures
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
• Health and safety
• Data protection
• Employment rights and responsibilities
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment. • Health and safety
• Statutory employment rights
• Data protection
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
• Line manager
• Notice board
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
One example of a representative body is a trade union. These can be a large organisations that represent the interests of their members. They can offer assistance by using what regional and national expertise they have. The company i currently work for got taken over not long after i started. Although i was told my job was safe i still contacted the union advisor to see what could happen if i was made redundant
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
• train all staff on equality and diversity topics
• develop policies and procedures to address equality and diversity issues Employee
• attend all relevant training courses
• treat other people fairly to avoid discrimination
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
The benefits of equality and diversity in the workplace would be that every employer should look for positive attitudes that people may bring into the work place. Employees be polite and should treat people with the respect they wish to be treated with. Overall the organisation could get a reputable name if the benefits are followed.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health, safety and security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document