You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Edward Vaughan
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Four main points included on a contract are:
1. Term of employment
2. Compensation and Benefits
3. Duties and Responsibilities
4. Termination of Employment
An example is seen below:
|SAMPLE EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT | |SAMPLE EXECUTIVE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT | |This Executive Employment Agreement ("Agreement") is made and effective this [date], by and between [company] ("Company") and [executive]| |("Executive"). | |NOW, THEREFORE, the parties hereto agree as follows: | |1. Employment. Company hereby agrees to initially employ Executive as its [title] and Executive hereby accepts such employment in | |accordance with the terms of this Agreement and the terms of employment applicable to regular employees of Company. In the event of any | |conflict or ambiguity between the terms of this Agreement and terms of employment applicable to regular employees, the terms of this | |Agreement shall control. Election or appointment of Executive to another office or position, regardless of whether such office or | |position is inferior to Executive's initial office or position, shall not be a breach of this Agreement. | |2. Duties of Executive. The duties of Executive shall include the performance of all of the duties typical of the office held by | |Executive as described in the bylaws of the Company and such other duties and projects as may be assigned by a superior officer of the | |Company, if any, or the board of directors of the Company. Executive shall devote his entire productive time, ability and attention to | |the business of the Company and shall perform all duties in a professional, ethical and businesslike manner. Executive will not, during | |the term of this Agreement, directly or indirectly engage in any other business, either as an employee, employer, consultant, principal, | |officer, director, advisor, or in any other capacity, either with or without compensation, without the prior written consent of Company. | |In addition to the duties described herein, Executive is also authorized and directed to do the following: [list any other specific | |duties and authorizations]. | |3. Compensation. Executive will be paid compensation during this Agreement as follows: A. A base salary of [salary, e.g. $75,000 | |(seventy-five thousand dollars)] per year, payable in installments according to the Company's regular payroll...