Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Michael David Harrison
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
The employers name , the date of commencement of employment,main place of work , and the salary wage what would be paid to the employee for the job role.
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
The three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment are:
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment are:
1.Health and safety
2.Pay and pensions
3.Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
A person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities internally by asking line managers, or personnel specialists.
and externally by going to local libraries and by legal professionals.
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
Representative bodies can support employees by listening to the employees ideas and suggestions what they have , also another kind of support they can give to employees is they are there for the employee if they ever lose there job or are made redundant and can help with any problems with salary, holiday etc.
They are there to give the employee extra support if needed by the employee his/herself.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
Employers have the responsibility of no discrimination against any applicants when employing them for the job position needed
treat colleagues fairly with respect
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
there was a student who is disabled and he was in a wheelchair on the course i was on for business & retail , , all students and tutors treat him fairly as they did everyone else , he was not treat any differently then anyone else as it did not make him feel like he needed to be treat differently , he liked to think he was capable of things , and he really was and he was very clever.
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document