Student ID: 1081104567
Brand: Gong Cha
Product Category: Food and Beverage
* Gong Cha is a popular bubble tea chain that was established in Kaohsiung, Taiwan in 2006.
* The term “Gong Cha” is translated as the ancient act of offering tea to royalty, such as the Emperor of China.
* Gong Cha only uses high-quality tea leaves that are brewed fresh on a daily basis.
* One of the most popular players in the industry, Yippee Cup, has been around since 2003, but with the arrival of international chains Chatime and Gong Cha, we are now seeing a surge of activities in the bubble tea front.
* The company has lots of outlets in Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Macau and the Philippines.
* Gong Cha has its first outlet in Malaysia back in March so it is still in its infant stage and only have 3 outlets around KL area.
Issue and Problems
* Bad impression to the public after the news of a Taiwanese product commonly used in bubble tea drinks has been confirmed by the Health Ministry to be contaminated with Carcinogen Diethylhexyl Phthalate (DEHP).
* Gong Cha is not nearly as prominent as their main competitor, Chatime and Yippee Cup.
* Design doesn’t relate to the brand image.
* Doesn’t have an official website for Malaysia branch. .
Ideas / Concepts
* Add in more oriental elements into the designs to make it stand out from its competitors.
* Emphasize more on the U.S.P of Gong Cha which is the white pearl and their freshly brewed tea leaves.
* Create a website.
Gong Cha-Malaysia Facebook Page
Article about Bubble Tea
Review about the product and comparison among competitors...