* Overcome the high losses of Fairy Queen
* Defining and reaching target customers – Pricing
* Promotion of Fairy Queen – Captions, Advertisements
Fairy Queen is a Unique; one of its kind Locomotive. This key point should be reinforced. Unlike Palace on wheels, which USP is luxury; Fairy Queen should promote the heritage of the Country along with the royal treatment.
EXPANDING TARGET MARKET:
The current target is foreign tourists and the objective is to earn foreign exchange. The customer base should be expanded to include, Indian aristocrats, Visiting Foreign delegates, Local universities, schools, corporate tie–ups.
COST VS PROMOTION:
As the cost limitations related to Water arrangement, Coal supply cannot be reduced, these expenses could only be met with the increase in sales (full capacity trips), with more promotions and more customers.
The current package needs to be modified to add varieties and more flexibility for the travelers to choose. Pricing should be done accordingly.
CURRENT PACKAGE| NEW PACKAGE|
Delhi Alwar (140 km)| En route to add other heritage places and Sanctuaries| OCT to FEB| Same; OCT to FEB|
2 trips per month (10 trips annually)| 3 trips per month; 30 trips annually (based on the market response). One trip could be an exclusive trip to groups like Schools, Corporate, Govt. officials, Celebrities.| Only one Package:
Day 1: Start from Delhi
Night 1: Stay in Sariska
Day 2: Leave for Delhi| Multiple Packages:
1. Full journey (Day 1, Night Stay, Day 2)
2. Half journey (One way trip in Fairy Queen, with and without Sariska Stay)| One Price for all:
6000 INR (I80 USD)| Different Pricing for different packages: 1. Full journey - 6000 INR (I80 USD)
2. Half journey – 3000 to 4500 INR (90 to 135 USD), for example|
The main objective is to,
1. Increase sales (Sales Goal)