General manager job description
I/ Key job tasks of general manager job description
1. Planning administration
• Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans. • Oversee preparation of an Annual Report summarizing progress on short and long range plans. • Research and write discussion papers, analysis documents and proposals as needed to assist the organization in determining and meeting its long and short term goals.
2. HR management
• Recruitment and contracting of company and project staff; • Employee development, and training;
• Policy development and documentation;
• Employee relations;
• Performance management and improvement systems;
• Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting; • Company-wide committee facilitation including planning, production, staff and • Board of Directors, including arranging meetings and agendas, attending and minuting meetings;
3. Project management:
• Manage hire and distribution of music scores and parts, including any performing rights payments. • Oversee the booking of tours this includes: venue liaison from negotiating the deal to distribution of audience questionnaires, programs and merchandise. • Oversee organization of company transport, subsistence and accommodation. • Liaise with Production Manager to oversee hire and delivery / transport of all technical and production equipment.
4. Marketing and PR:
• Manage advertising opportunities in other theatre program, press and at venues. • Organize the availability of company members for media/PR events as necessary. • Oversee content, production and distribution of all marketing and publicity materials (posters, program, flyers, mail outs, brochures etc) with director, designer and project manager....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document