Position of BRANCH MANAGER (RBC BANK)
This is a critical leadership role in RBC’s Canadian Personal and Business Banking platform.
The role will provide overall branch management by leading the achievement of team sales objectives and related activities to achieve a high standard of operational effectiveness, superior client experience and optimal sales performance (profitable new business acquisition and retention). This position is also responsible for the achievement of high impact service delivery across all roles within the unit, ensuring superior client care is delivered in consideration of local market conditions. This role will develop relationships with sales and service partners to ensure the operation of the unit and optimal client satisfaction. The role will also provide ongoing coaching and development of sales staff, ensuring a high level of employee capability and engagement.
RBC offers a Total Rewards program including competitive salary, opportunities for performance bonuses based on performance thresholds along with an array of flexible benefit, work/life and career development programs, long term investment and retirement savings plans.
In addition to the Total Rewards program, this role provides a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth.
1. Build a team to focus on client acquisition, building profitable relationships and advice capabilities to achieve revenue goals 2. Provide leadership and management by leading the establishment of teams sales objectives and related activities to achieve a superior client experience, profitable business growth, business retention and productivity 3. Provide ongoing coaching and development to staff, ensuring a high level of employee capability and engagement through focused sales routines 4. Ensure processes/controls are in place & being followed to manage risk and protect shareholder interests 5. Successful incumbant will be required to work 1 Saturday & Thursday night/month
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/ Experience):
- Must have at least 2 years of licensed mutual fund sales experience within the last 3 years. - Must have written an acceptable mutual fund branch management exam offered by the CSI or be able to write the exam within 4 months of start date.
- A minimum of five years managing people
- Proven success in business growth and in establishing community and client relationships - Proven application of business acquisition mindset
- Experience in both business and personal banking an asset
- Must have a minimum of 2 years licensed mutual fund sales experience in the last three years
- Strong people management skills, able to assemble and manage a new team of people - Strong relationship builder - able to establish both internal and external working relationships in order to identify and implement strategies for business growth - Strong business acumen - able to assess local market conditions and respond appropriately - Strong business management skills – able to balance the rewards of meeting business objectives with the risk of loss to the client, employee, and shareholder. Follow corporate compliance guidelines to operate within legal and securities regulations and maintain appropriate risk exposure - Entrepreneurial mindset – able to seek out and develop new business - Strong communication and presentation skills - able to tell a good story - Sensitive to diverse cultures – address local community needs through appropriate recruitment and management practices
- University degree, ideally in Commerce, Business Administration or related experience
The successful candidate will be constantly challenged to exceed previous goals and targets and achieve his/her own unique contribution to the region’s success. Flexibility may be required...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document