CELEBRITY APPEARANCE AGREEMENT
This agreement is made on this 1 day of December, 2010 between Famous Foodie Tours, LLC, headquartered at 8650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 760, Chicago, Illinois and Rebecca Roy, who is represented by Joe Collichio, who resides at 690 Washington Street, Apartment 110, New York, New York. Hereinafter, Famous Foodie Tours, LLC will be referred to as “COMPANY” and Rebecca Roy will be referred to as “TALENT”. In consideration of the mutual covenants set forth below, the parties agree as follows: Background.
1. COMPANY is duly licensed, as required, to conduct professional celebrity chef tours and is actually engaged in the business of organizing, publicizing, arranging, staging and conducting events consisting of cooking demonstrations throughout the United States and represents celebrity chefs in the promotion and exploitation of a chef’s name, likeness, personality, and character; and 2. COMPANY's business operations afford TALENT opportunities to put on cooking demonstrations and obtain public exposure which will increase the value of her cooking services and standing in the professional culinary community and entertainment industry; and 3. COMPANY will promote and pay for publicity of the shows that TALENT and her services are in connection with in regards to the tour; and 4. TALENT is a renowned chef, and the cooking demonstrations arranged by COMPANY constitute demonstrations of culinary skills and abilities designed to provide education and entertainment to the public; and 5. The purpose of this Agreement is to ensure that TALENT will join COMPANY’s Summer Celebrity Chef Tour starting on June 1, 2011 and will appropriately headline the current tour for three months and a total of ten performances. Definitions. In the following clauses:
1. “Profit” means the revenue less all costs required to generate that particular revenue. 2. “Event” consists of a cooking demonstration by the star, anecdotes, a question-and-answer session, and a pre-show dinner with the star. 3. “Pre-show dinner” means a catered dinner at which TALENT is expected to meet and greet guests prior to her performance on the same day as her performance.
Agent. This agreement is contracted through a party other than TALENT, Joe Collichio, who is considered the TALENT’s Agent and expressly warrants that he is authorized by TALENT to execute this agreement on behalf of TALENT.
Joe Collichio of 690 Washington Street, Apartment 110, New York, New York Terms and Conditions
The COMPANY hereby engages TALENT to perform upon all the terms and conditions herein set forth:
TALENT, as an independent service provider, agrees to perform her services at Events during COMPANY’S Summer Celebrity Chef Tour starting on June 1, 2011 for ten appearances at locations and on dates to be determined: 1. PLACES OF ENGAGEMENT:
2. DATES OF ENGAGEMENT: ____________________________________________________________
3. TIME OF SHOWS: ____________________________________________________________
4. LENGTH OF EACH SHOW:
Schedule and Itinerary
1. COMPANY is entitled to provide TALENT with the venue options that will be in accordance with the most successful and lucrative shows. TALENT is granted final approval of all venues before booking is completed to ensure that she will perform in venues that seat over 5,000 people. Both parties agree to look for the most successful and lucrative shows and use their best efforts to select venues in major market cities to guarantee that they sell as many seats as they can due to the benefits it has on both parties, mainly revenue. 2. TALENT is allowed to design the kitchen set to be used during the cooking demonstration; however, COMPANY has actual veto power to alter the set in order to design the kitchen set for the purpose it sees fit such as...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document