María Del Pilar Martínez
21 february 2013
1. Have you ever had trouble trying to get to someplace very important? Where were you going? Why were you having problems? I don’t remember having any problem getting to somewhere.
2. What is a hero? What do you consider to be a heroic act? A hero is a person who is admired for having performed a remarkable feat, especially if it requires a lot of courage. Like the people who fight for the humans rights and against the racism (like Martin Luther King Jr.) 3. What is the narrative hook?
The paragraph 1: I had never been more anxious in my life….. 4. Do you think the hook is effective? Did it grab your attention? Why, or why not? Yes, was effective because I wanted to know what happen, why the writer was anxious. 5. Where is the setting of this story?
The story took place in an Airport.
6. What is the theme, or the basic idea, of “Frustration at the Airport? The basic idea is the problems that the writer had to arrive his airplane. 7. Read the final sentences in paragraphs 2, 3, 4, and 5. How does each one prepare the reader for the action to come? With a little “hook”.
8. What do you think the mood of the story is? What feeling or atmosphere does the writer create? The writer creates a suspenseful, anxious, and hopeful atmosphere. 9. List the characters in this essay.
* The writer
* The passing businessman and
* The old airport employee
10. What verb tense is used in “Frustration at the Airport”? Write five verbs that the writer uses. 11. Is the story arranged in chronological order? In a few words, describe what happens first, second, third, and so on. The story isn’t in chronological order.
12. Underline the transitional sentences.
13. Does the story end with a moral, prediction, or revelation? Write the final sentence here. Prediction.
I can only hope that one day I will be able to do the same for another traveler who is...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document