The Life Resource Center (LRC) is a valuable free tool available to University of Phoenix students. Taking some time to explore its website to discover some of the many topics, resources, and tools available is a great way to find information to enhance and support health and wellness.
Complete the following assignment:
Chronic Disease Risk Assessment
Take one of the health risk assessments located on the LRC website. After completing the assessment, write a 500- to 750-word summary that includes the following:
• Description of the disease
• Risk factors for the disease
• Lifestyle choices you can make in your life to decrease your modifiable risk factors for this disease
To locate the health risk assessments follow these instructions:
• Login to the student website.
• Click on the Programs tab at the top of the page, and then on Life Resource Center under Services.
• From the LRC home page, click on Thriving.
• Click on Health Tools.
• Click on Assess Your Health.
• Click on the Health Risks tab
Cervical cancer is an over growth of abnormal cells. With this cancer it begins in the cervix and is easily caught with a yearly pap smear. If the results come back with a positive for the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) the risk increases. The reason being is with HPV certain strains can cause the cervical cells to become malignant. What that means it becomes an over growth of cells that are no longer contained. With this type of cancer it is not so much hereditary as it is high risk behaviors. By being sexually active with more than one partner is a high risk factor. Also having unprotected sex with one or more partners leaves each person open to getting the Human Papilloma Virus. Many times people don’t know they are caring the virus and unknowingly infecting people. By lowering the...