Chronic Disease Risk Assessment
The Life Resource Center (LRC) is a valuable free tool available to University of Phoenix students. Taking some time to explore its website to discover some of the many topics, resources, and tools available is a great way to find information to enhance and support health and wellness.
Complete the following assignment:
Take one of the health risk assessments located on the LRC website. After completing the assessment, write a 500- to 750-word summary that includes the following:
• Description of the disease
• Risk factors for the disease
• Lifestyle choices you can make in your life to decrease your modifiable risk factors for this disease
To locate the health risk assessments follow these instructions:
• Login to the student website.
• Click on the Programs tab at the top of the page, and then on Life Resource Center under Services. • From the LRC home page, click on Thriving.
• Click on Health Tools.
• Click on Assess Your Health.
• Click on the Health Risks tab.
Note. Do not submit or divulge your assessment results. Results should remain private.
Description of Cervical Cancer
The disease of cervical cancer is developed in the tissues of the cervix. This is known as the cancer cells. Cancer is a disease that has many various names or groups. These are common in the growth cells, and some can be uncommon. When they try to collect the abnormal areas that they feel are cancerous, this is commonly known as a tumor. There really are no warning signs in the early stages of cervical cancer. This is the main reason that women, young and old should have a yearly Pap smear exam completed. This will rule out any thoughts that one may have this type of cancer. If a tumor is found, the cancer is then diagnosed properly. It could spread if not removed or a treatment plan started. Cervical cancer has a very...