Case Analysis Questions:
1. Briefly describe the situation today at the Lima Tire plant.
2. What is the relationship between line foremen at Treadway’s Lima Plant and other groups within the plant: general supervisors and area managers, top management, the union, hourly workers, each other? Why do you believe the relationships are as they are?
3. How do you feel line foreman feel about their jobs and why? Be specific about their sources of dissatisfaction. How engaged are the line foreman? How would they respond to Gallup’s 12 Questions of a Strong Workplace? Expand on your position.
4. What are the costs of turnover within the Lima plant? Direct? Indirect? How would you calculate the cost of turnover if you were Ashley Wall making a presentation to top management? (Hint: Look at number of hours worked per month, salary plus benefits, and how long it takes to come up to speed in the role) What is the magnitude of the turnover problem?
formula for calculating the direct cost of turnover:
Average Hours Worked/Month x Wage/Hour (including benefits) x Number of Months for Learning Curve x Productivity during Learning Curve x Number of Positions Turned Over = Direct Cost of Turnover
5. Discuss the elements of the current work system that are contributing to the problem. How does each negatively impact engagement and job satisfaction?
6. What action plan should Ashley Wall recommend? Be specific in describing your recommended actions.
7. What key lessons will you take away from this case relative to building an engaged work culture and being an effective manager?
Analysis Q.1] Treadway Tire’s Lima Plant is faced with a critical problem of employee dissatisfaction and high turnover among its line foremen. The turnover rate ran 46% in 2007. Additionally, the plant was facing skyrocketing raw materials costs and... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Case Analysis: the Treadway Tire Company: Job Dissatisfaction and High Turnover at the Lima Tire Plant. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Case-Analysis-The-Treadway-Tire-Company-1536433.html
"Case Analysis: the Treadway Tire Company: Job Dissatisfaction and High Turnover at the Lima Tire Plant" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Case-Analysis-The-Treadway-Tire-Company-1536433.html>.
- MLA 7
"Case Analysis: the Treadway Tire Company: Job Dissatisfaction and High Turnover at the Lima Tire Plant." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Case-Analysis-The-Treadway-Tire-Company-1536433.html>.
"Case Analysis: the Treadway Tire Company: Job Dissatisfaction and High Turnover at the Lima Tire Plant." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Case-Analysis-The-Treadway-Tire-Company-1536433.html.