1) The purpose of this lab was to determine the rate of enzyme activity under variety of different conditions, such as, different amount of drops of enzymes and different temperature of water. The class measured the pressure in the test tube during the reaction of the substance with, 1.5 ml of H2O2, 1.5ml of H2O and different amounts of enzyme drops, to determine how much oxygen gas is produced during the reaction since the pressure of the test tube will get higher as more oxygen gas is accumulated during the reaction.
2) If more drops of the enzyme are added to the substance with, 1.5 mL of H2O2 and 1.5mL of H2O, the reaction will accumulate more oxygen gas which will lead to an increase of pressure (kpa) in the test tube. It will also affect the average slope of the graph, which determines the increase or decrease of pressure in the test tube per minute.
3) The experimental system of this lab is, first to set up the logger pro pressure measuring device to the computer. After the device is set up completely, set up the logger pro software that will collect the data for this lab. After both of these steps are complete, get a clean test tube with 1.5 mL of H2O, 1.5mL of H2O2 and then add drops of enzyme needed. Collect data by plugging the black “plug” into the test tube and press “start” on the logger pro software. Continue collecting data with variety of different conditions.
4) The data that was measured in the lab was the pressure in the test tube during the reaction of the substance with, 1.5 ml of H2O2, 1.5ml of H2O and different amounts of enzyme drops. The pressure was being measured to determine the production of oxygen gas is during the reaction, since, the pressure in the test tube is determined get higher as more oxygen gas is accumulated during the reaction.
5) The graph that was created by the software had a y-axis that determine the amount...