Name_____________________________________________ Banner# ____________________________ Date: ______________
Directions: Circle the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. _____ represent(s) complex, patterned, organismic reactions to how we think we are doing in our lifelong efforts to survive and flourish and to achieve what we wish for ourselves. A. Self-efficacyB. SkillsC. IntelligenceD. EmotionsE. Abilities
2. Which of the following mental abilities was found to be a valid predictor of job performance for both minority and majority applicants? A. Mnemonic fluencyB. Deductive reasoningC. Spatial abilityD. MemoryE. Perceptual speed
3. According to psychologists there is a distinction between felt and displayed emotions. A. True B. False
4. People with an external locus of control tend to attribute positive outcomes, such as getting a passing grade on an exam, to their own abilities. A. True B. False
5. Debra hates veal, but at a party at her friend's house, she is served veal for dinner. She hides her revulsion, does not let anyone realize that she hates veal, and eats the other items on the menu. Which of the following can be ascertained from Debra's behavior at the party? A. She has low self-esteem.B. She has openness to experience.C. She has high self-confidence. D. She has high self-efficacy.E. She is a high self-monitor.
6. Knowing how to fly a plane is an example of an ability. A. True B. False
7. Jennifer and Michelle are good friends who have been working at the same department store for the past two years. One day, Jennifer came to work in a foul mood. She was rude with the other employees, and even snapped at a few customers. Seeing Jennifer, Michelle's mood started to turn sour as well. Which of the following explains Michelle's change in mood? A. Emotional intelligenceB. Emotional contagionC. Emotional self-management D. Emotional self-awarenessE. Emotional labor
8. Whistle-blowing is likely to occur when organizational identification is excessive. A. True B. False
9. Extraversion and conscientiousness are the most stable of the Big Five personality types. A. True B. False
10. Based on research on the Big Five personality dimensions, which of the following is true? A. The Big Five personality structure is valid across different cultures. B. Openness to experience had the strongest positive correlation with training performance. C. Conscientiousness was a weak predictor of job performance. D. Agreeableness was a stronger predictor of job performance across all professions than was extraversion. E. For managers and sales people, emotional stability was associated with job success.
11. Jim, who has an internal locus of control, failed his last history test. Jim is apt to respond to the failing grade by ____. A. despairing of ever passing the courseB. admitting that he hadn't studied hard enough to prepare himself C. complaining to the dean of the collegeD. blaming the instructor for inadequately preparing him for the test E. claiming the test was poorly constructed
12. Since paid employment is a prime determinant of overall self-esteem, unemployment can have a devastating impact on an individual's self-esteem. A. True B. False
13. Inspirational leadership, influence, conflict management and teamwork/collaboration are all elements of _____. A. social awarenessB. personal competenceC. relationship management D. self-awarenessE. self-management
14. Training and development through challenging assignments, goal setting, and supportive leadership can improve employees' self-efficacy expectations. A. True B. False
15. Some employees at Harley-Davidson factories have had the company logo tattooed on their bodies. This example is an indication of _____. A. high self-monitoringB. high...