You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
IMPORTANT: All attachments referred to within this assessment (attached at the end of this document) are to be treated in strictest confidence.
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
Information technology is a broad term which encompasses computer hardware, networking, computer security applications, internet and web technologies, and application software development.
Some forms of information technology that I use when completing work tasks are:
• Word processing
• Mobile technology
• Presentation software
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
Information technology benefits a business by allowing it to work more efficiently and effectively to maximise productivity.
• Faster communication for example email communication
• Electronic storage
• Enhanced protection of information
• Information sharing is made easier through electronic storage and communication
• Geographical barriers are removed