You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Name: Bernadette Manya Massaquoi
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
The two types of information technology that may be used when completing works are: - Excel -Spreadsheet - Word Processing
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
The following benefits to business (and others) when using information technology for doing work tasks are as followed:
• Accuracy of written work such as report writing • Fast, reliable and effective tool when producing reports • Staff developed new skills and knowledge • Centralize tool to store important information in regards to business activities
Section 2 – Understand how to manage electronic and paper-based information
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing objectives and deadlines when researching information.
If possible, refer to specific examples from research tasks you have worked on to support your answer.
Agreeing to objectives and deadlines when researching information indicate