You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Julie Tomey
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
The main points that should be included in a contract of employment are; ❖ Employer’s name. ❖ Employees name. ❖ Date of commencement. ❖ Main place of work, address of company. ❖ Job title ❖ Hours of work
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
❖ Health and safety. ❖ Data protection ❖ Pay and pensions.
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
❖ Pensions. ❖ Pay and national minimum wage ❖ Employment rights and responsibilities.
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
❖ Internal are line managers, personnel specialists and trade union representatives. ❖ External are libraries, legal professions and the citizen’s advice bureau.