1. You are least likely to feel that an Internet source is reliable if the information is posted A. without a specific source.
B. on the Web site of your local police department.
C. from a university department.
D. on the U.S. Department of Labor Web site.
2. A disadvantage of using a sentence outline instead of a topic outline is that a sentence outline is often A. factually grounded.
3. The Dewey decimal system is the classification system used by A. scientific articles in magazines.
B. most public libraries in the United States.
C. most research and university libraries.
D. the Internet.
4. The ISBN number of a book gives you
A. the Library of Congress address.
B. an international reference number.
C. the Dewey decimal code.
D. a government Internet code.
5. When assembling a writing plan for an essay, which of the following should come first? A. The general idea of your essay
B. A brief summary of your conclusion
C. The first section of the body of your essay.
D. Material that catches the reader's interest
6. Parallel construction means that you
A. begin each paragraph of your essay in the same way.
B. use the same grammatical construction in all similar headings throughout an outline. C. repeat the first paragraph of your essay as the last paragraph. D. give both sides of the argument in your essay.
7. A search engine is a way to
A. speak with a reference librarian.
B. find information on the Internet.
C. revise a rough draft.
D. borrow reference books in the library.
8. Because the subject of a composition is like a crystal with many facets, you should A. pick one point of view and stay with it.
B. offer a positive idea for every negative one.
C. be very critical of your sources.
D. offer your reader ideas from several sides.
9. The World Almanac is a book of
A. facts and statistics.
B. living notable Americans.
D. articles published in magazines.
10. To make...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document