Student ID: 21850078
Exam: 986042RR - WRITING SKILLS PART 3
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam. Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer. 1. You've come across a book in the card catalog that you think will be useful in your research of famous labor leaders. What three things should you copy from the card so that you know how to find the book? A. The call number, the title, and the topic
B. The call number, the topic, and the date of publication of a book C. The call number, the author's name, and the date of publication D. The call number, the title, and the author's name
2. The position from which you write about your subject is called your A. point of view.
C. outline of ideas.
3. Parallel construction means that you
A. repeat the first paragraph of your essay as the last paragraph. B. use the same grammatical construction in all similar headings throughout an outline. C. give both sides of the argument in your essay.
D. begin each paragraph of your essay in the same way.
4. The Dewey decimal system is the classification system used by A. most public libraries in the United States.
B. the Internet.
C. most research and university libraries.
D. scientific articles in magazines.
5. Where would you look to find an article on recent fashion trends? A. Card catalog
C. Who's Who
D. Readers' Guide
6. A disadvantage of using a sentence outline instead of a topic outline is that a sentence outline is often A. factually grounded.
7. You are least likely to feel that an Internet source is reliable if the information...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document