Outcomes The learner will: 1 Understand the importance of food safety measures when providing food and drink for individuals Assessment Criteria The learner can: 1.1 Identify potential food safety hazards when preparing, serving, clearing away and storing food and drink 1.2 Explain the importance of implementing...
MEET FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS WHEN PROVIDING FOOD AND DRINK FOR INDIVIDUALS
1. Understand the importance of food safety measures when providing food and drink for individuals
2.1. Identify potential food-safety hazards when preparing, serving, clearing away and storing food and...
Mandatory 3 credits GLH 27
1. Describe what you understand by the term ‘positive environment’ and identify regulatory requirements that underpin a positive environment for children and young people.
Whatever age group or setting you are working with, you must plan an environment that encourages...
Basic Rules of Kitchen Safety
1. Wear appropriate, clean clothing on the lab days.
2. Never cook in loose clothes and keep long hair tied back.
3. Store knives in a wooden block or in a drawer.
4. Keep potholder nearby and use them.
5. Don’t let temperature-sensitive...
Unit 4222-264 The Principles of infection prevention and control (IC 01)
Outcome 1 – Understand roles and responsibilities in the prevention and control of infections.
1. Explain employees’ roles and responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of infection.
It is the responsibility...
Introduction 1 Introduction to Food Safety 2 Receiving Foods 4 Storage of Food 7 Hazards to Our Health 10 Food Allergies 11 Microbiology of Foods 12 Common Foodborne Illnesses 17 Personal Hygiene 21 Food Preparation...
Sub-Field Manufacturing and Assembly
Issue date: July 2002
Review date: TBA
Why am I doing this? 3
At the end of the module you will 3
How to use this module 3
Introduction 4 5
Introduction baked flour confectionery products 6 11
The production of baked flour confectionery...
this Module .........................................................................................................3 LESSON 1 – Use and maintain kitchen tools and equipment ............................................. 5-31 LESSON 2 – Perform mensuration and calculations .............................
we offer visitors to our state. Texas has gained a reputation throughout the country and abroad for great food and excellent hospitality. That's why we must all work together to ensure that the food we serve is both delicious and safe to eat.
D. Consequences of Unsafe Food
Recently, in one U.S. city...
particularly in high-risk group clients. the most common cause of illness from food is bacterial contamination.
personal protective clothing must be used when handling food and drink because dust and bacteria from our clothes can contaminate the service users food and drink. for e.g. we go out...
Course Syllabus 4-8
In – House policies, Rules and Regulations 9-10
Student In-House Service Training Application Form 11
Training Agreement 12
In-House Service Training Guidelines and Procedures 14
1. Dining Area Café Al Fresco...
The Problem and Its Background
Jolly-jeeps are small cafeteria beside large office buildings that offer good food in a cheap price. On its early years it’s just a simple "karinderia" canteen. Since many office workers find cheaper food rather than eating everyday in...
minimum of three (3) of the below assessment strategies:
1. A third party observation in the workplace, by your workplace coach or supervisor
2. A workplace observation assessed by the trainer/assessor
3. A question and answer sheet
4. A role play or practical assessment/workbased project
1. Do not read magazines and the newspaper during the lab period.
2. Do not use the work units, supply table or other food contact surfaces as seats.
3. Each student is responsible for keeping work surfacesclean and sanitized.
4. Students must remain with their assigned...
1 PD 856 Code on Sanitation
Sec. 11. Types of Water Examinations Required. - The following examinations are required for drinking water:
a. Initial examination - The physical, chemical and bacteriological examinations of water from newly constructed systems or sources are required before they...
Part 1 Food Safety Management
a) With reference to a food item in your chosen work place, describe four distinct food safety hazards, including details of how each hazard could occur (4 X 3 marks)
Food Item: - Chicken Korma (Key ingredients-cream, almonds& gravy served with rice)
Outcome 1 Understand how to maintain a clean environment to prevent
the spread of infection
The learner can:
1. state the general principles for environmental cleaning
a) cleaning materials as defined in our company’s procedure( Policy No 412, Policy No 413 and Policy No 414) will be as follows: