By group IX, MBA ‘Sec A’
Submitted to : Submitted by : Mrs. Smitha Nayak Anooj Balachandra Chandrakanti Shatrudra Saurabh ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The satisfaction and joy that accompanies the successful completion of a task is incomplete without mentioning the name of the person who extended her help and support in making it a success. We are greatly indebted to Mrs. Smitha Nayak , our Project Guide and Mentor for devoting her valuable time and efforts towards our project. We thank her for being a constant source of knowledge, inspiration and help during this period of making project.
GROUP IX Anooj Balachandra Chandrakanti Shatrudra Saurabh
TABLE OF CONTENT
* Objective of the project
* Introduction to Indian automobile industry
* BCG matrix representation of automobile sector among various sectors * Overview of two-wheeler sector
* Fleet composition of all vehicles
* Two-wheeler fleet composition in India
* Structure of two-wheeler industry
* Usage pattern of two-wheeler in India
* Key players in two wheeler industry
* Introduction & Product mix Hero Honda & Bajaj (competitor) * 4 P’s of marketing of Hero Honda
* Market segmentation, Targeting and Positioning of Hero Honda. * Porters five force model for Hero Honda
* SWOT analysis of Hero Honda (Karizma)
* SWOT analysis of Bajaj (Pulsar)
* Comparison of advertising strategy of Hero Honda and Bajaj * Future challenges ,Plans and Suggestions
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT:-
The main objectives of the Project study are:
* Detailed analysis of Automobile industry which is gearing towards international standards. * To conduct market research with regard to two-wheeler automobile industry and understand its marketing strategies. * Analyze the impact of qualitative factors on industry’s and company’s prospects
* Comparative analysis of major tough competitor.
* To understand the current trends in two-wheeler automobile industry.
INTRODUCTION TO INDIAN AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY
Automobile is one of the largest industries in global market. Being the leader in product and process technologies in the manufacturing sector, it has been recognized as one of the drivers of economic growth. During the last decade, well directed efforts have been made to provide a new look to the automobile policy for realizing the sector's full potential for the economy. Aggressive marketing by the auto finance companies have also played a significant role in boosting automobile demand, especially from the population in the middle income group. A Nations economy is well known...