Sports related Sponsorship & Advertising in EU
Research issue to be examined:
How Sports marketing (sponsorship) contributes positively to marketing communications performance? Analysing the effects of advertising type and antecedents on attitude towards advertising in sport. Justification:
Sponsorship can be used to increase awareness and esteem, to build the brand identification, to enhance the brand’s positioning and sales, and to circumvent advertising restrictions in some countries. Examples of global sponsorship are the Olympics, the World Cup in Soccer, the Grand Prix, and the Tour de France. An example of regional sponsorship event is the Indian Hockey League (IHL). There are three objectives to sport marketing: selling sport as entertainment, “motivate people to engage in sport activities,” and use sports to advertise the sale of products related or not related to sports. Sport marketing is a subdivision of marketing which focuses both on the promotion of sports events and teams as well as the promotion of other products and services through sporting events and sports teams. The effectiveness of sponsorship varies across geographic regions and should be taken into consideration when planning programs in individual countries. Expenditures on sponsorship are rising and expected to continue to do so. In this research paper, I shall cover following points:
* What is Sponsorship?
* What is its role in marketing communications?
* How is the correct sponsorship programme selected?
* How must it be implemented and subsequently evaluated?
* How sponsorship contributes positively to marketing communications performance? * What is happening now in the sponsorship market?
* What developments are likely in the future?
* What are the effects of advertising type and antecedents on attitude towards advertising in sport? * Celebrity endorsements for sporting events
I shall cover these points with regard to sports marketing...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document