QUE: Discuss the objectives of personnel management. Describe the functional and organizational role of personnel manager in achieving organizational goals?
ANS: Personnel manager:
He is a person who is in charge of the department that deals with the employment, training, support, records, etc. of a company's employees. He is the head of personnel department and performs both managerial and operative functions. The personnel manager work with the employees in order to make sure they are producing the best results possible for the company.
Objectives of Personnel Management:
1. Recruitment and Selection of right people at the right time and in the right quantity. 2. Induction of employees to the respective jobs.
3. Educating employees about the jobs, results expected, goals of the organization, and climate, etc. 4. Providing employees with training.
5. Providing better working conditions in organization.
6. Retaining qualified and competent people.
7. Ensuring an effective and fair compensation structure within an organization. 8. Providing employees monetary incentives and motivate them to increase productivity. 9. Providing opportunities for research and help people keep abreast of the developments in their respective fields.
Role of Personnel Manager
Personnel manager is the head of personnel department. He performs both managerial and operative functions of management. His role can be summarized as :
1. Personnel manager provides assistance to top management- The top management are the people who decide and frame the primary policies of the concern. All kinds of policies related to personnel or workforce can be framed out effectively by the personnel manager. 2. He advices the line manager as a staff specialist- Personnel manager acts like a staff advisor and assists the line managers in dealing with various personnel matters. 3. As a counselor,- As a counselor, personnel manager attends problems and grievances of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document