Nestle Marketing Case Study
Prepare a marketing plan for a company of your choice for the next one and three years. The plan should include the following sections: * Financial Summary
* Mission statement and Market overview
* SWOT Analysis
* An idea for a new product or service for the company
* Marketing objectives or strategies
* 3 year forecast and budgets
* Nestlé is a multinational packaged Swiss food company
* It was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestlé to provide an infant food product
* In 1905 Nestlé merged with is major competitor Anglo-Swiss Milk Company.
* By the early 1900s, the company was operating factories in the United States, Britain, Germany and Spain.
* In 1984 Nestlé Milk Pak Limited (NML) was integrated in Pakistan under the Companies regulation and listed on Pakistan stock exchange since 1980.
* In 1998 Pure Life was launched in Pakistan.
* Nestlé is a world trader.
* Nestlé employs close to 253,000 people in 86 countries around the world.
* The corporation has 511 factories, with 208 in
* Europe, 170 in the Americas, and 133 in Asia, Oceania and Africa.
According to their website Nestlé is committed to the following business principles in all countries. Taking into account local legislation, cultural and religious practices:
1. Nestlé's business objective is to manufacture and market the Company's products in such a way as to create value that can be sustained over the long term for shareholders, employees, consumers, and business partners. 2. Nestlé does not favor short-term profit at the expense of successful long-term business development. 3. Nestlé recognizes that its consumers have a sincere and legitimate interest in the behavior, beliefs and actions of the Company behind brands in which they place their trust and that without its consumers the Company would not exist. 4. Nestlé believes that, as a general rule, legislation is the most effective safeguard of responsible conduct, although in certain areas, additional guidance to staff in the form of voluntary business principles is beneficial in order to ensure that the highest standards are met throughout the organization. 5. Nestlé is conscious of the fact that the success of a corporation is a reflection of the professionalism, conduct and the responsible attitude of its management and employees. Therefore recruitment of the right people and ongoing training and development are crucial. 6. Nestlé continues to maintain its commitment to follow and respect all applicable local laws in each of its markets.
Nestlé Vision Statement
Nestlé Norden’s aim is to meet the various needs of the consumer every day by marketing and selling food of a consistently high quality. The confidence that consumers have in our brands is a result of our company’s many years of knowledge in marketing, research and development, as well as continuity – consumers relate to this and feels they can trust our products. High quality and collaboration
Our objectives are to deliver the very best quality in everything we do, from primary produce, choice of suppliers and transport, to recipes and packaging materials. Our operations and collaboration in the Nordic countries gives us greater opportunities to be efficient and strategic and to function well as an organization, both when it comes to the distribution chain and to concentrating on joint product launches and campaigns. Focus on e-business and websites
Increased investments in the sphere of e-business give us swifter business and direct contact with trade. Website is a forum for consumers, students, future employees and the media. We hope that through a sincere approach and by conducting dialogues, we will be able to improve, change and satisfy the demands and wishes of the people of today....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document