1) Fill in the blanks with either “a”, “an”, or “the”.
Jim, 1)______ old friend of mine, used to work in downtown Los Angeles. He had 2)______ good job in one of 3)______ biggest law firms in 4)______ city. He was 5)______ honest, hard-working lawyer, but he hated his job. So he decided to quit, and to become 6)______ surfer instead. Now Jim spends his days surfing 7)______ waves of Malibu. It isn't 8)______ easy life, but it makes him happy. Soon after he quit his job, Jim met 9)______ beautiful surfer named Jenny. After they went out for 10)______ couple of months, they decided to get married.
2) Complete these sentences with the correct preposition of time. When it is not necessary, write the symbol in the gap. 1. My brother gets up _______ seven o´clock, except _______ Sunday mornings _______ winter, when he likes to lie in bed _______ 2.00 p.m. 2. What are you doing _______ next weekend? Couldn´t we go to London for a break? 3. The film that Sheila recommended me was so boring that we left _______ the end. 4. My sister lived in Berlin _______ five years and _______ six months she could speak German quite well. 5. What do you like doing _______ weekends? I like playing tennis. 6. She's going to study abroad ____ the summer.
3) Choose the correct time expression used.
1. They are cooking dinner (on the moment / now).
2. The company is preparing a report for their most important client (last / this) week. 3. My sister is studying for a test (at the moment / in the moment). 4. They aren't coming for dinner (this / at) evening.
5. What are you doing (this / next) afternoon?
4) Fill in the spaces with the correct form of the verb . 1) Tim (ride) ________ his bike every day. In fact, he (ride) ________ ________ his bike right now. 2) Mary and Jenny (take) ________ ________ a test now. They (take) ________ a lot of tests. 3) I (want) ________ some new clothes. The ones I (have)...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document