Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) is one of the nomenclature in the implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Program (BEP) composed of four components; namely, Agri-Fishery Arts, Home Economics, Industrial Arts and Information and Communication Technology. In this module, the focus is on Home Economics mini-course – BREAD AND PASTRY PRODUCTION.
In this course, you will be exposed to different tools, instruments, proper calculation and mensuration, and actual preparation of the different recipes that are necessary in either putting up a specialty store that provides baked products or performing the task of a baker or bakery aide. This will also be a venue for you to assess yourself and identify aspects of business that you need to strengthen and safeguard before you take the plunge into the world of work.
Now that the workforce is far behind in equating the number of available jobs, the Department of Education is revitalizing its resources to lead the young minds and to prepare them skillfully as future patty chef or the like, instead. It is in honing the skills that learners can assure to have an edge of surviving the daily needs of oneself and of others. It seeks to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and motivation in the field of bread and pastry production. This module is specifically crafted to focus on Process and Delivery. It is enriched with different activities that will assess your level in terms of skills and of knowledge that you are expected to demonstrate after going through this learning materials. Learning procedures are divided into different sections - What to Know, What to Process, What to Reflect and Understand, and What to Transfer. Go over with the suggested tasks and accomplish them to practice developing a sustainable program, prioritizing needs and building vision. So, explore and experience the K to 12 TLE modules and be a step closer to a successful producer of quality bread and pastry.
At the end of this module, as a learner you are expected to:
1. Perform the task of a chef or a baker based on market needs and demands. 2. Prepare and produce delicious quality, profitable and saleable baked products. 3. Demonstrate understanding of concepts and principles of process and delivery in the exploratory course in breads and pastry production.
LEARNING GOALS/ TARGETS
As you go through this module, you will be able to assess yourself with the characteristics and competencies before getting into the world of baking industry.
You may now set your learning goals and targets so that you will be guided accordingly as you go through this module.
Kindly provide honest answer on each item below.
Direction: Read each statement below. Encircle the letter of the correct answer.
1. Strong enough in dealing and solving the challenges you may undertake as you go with running your business. a. hard working
c. risk taker
2. A baker must build a good reputation; possesses the courage to do the right thing. a. risk taker
b. reliable and has integrity
3. Successful business people base their work on strengths.
a. goal oriented
c. builds on strengths
4. Know that in your business, personal needs, attachment to your friends, families and relatives are set aside. a. opportunity seeker
b. hard working
5. Knows how to handle unusual events that may happen in the business which include problems in managing the workers, problems on the delivery of goods and services, and the problems on demand and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document