• Communication is a tool with which influence can be exercised on others.
• Communication can be used to bring out changes in attitudes, motivate people and establish and maintain relationships.
• Communication is vital for seeking and providing information.
• We communicate to express our emotions like courage or fear, joy or sorrow, satisfaction or disappointment with appropriate gestures and words.
• Communication is crucial for developing positive relationships with children, young people and their families, colleagues and other professionals.
• Communication allows ideas to be conveyed clearly and succinctly.
• It is a process by which two or more people exchange ideas, facts, feelings or impressions in ways that each gains a common understanding of the message.
Explain how effective communication affects all aspects of own work
Effective communication is a two-way process - sending the right message, that is also being correctly received and understood by the other person/s. It is essential that there is good and effective communication taking place within the setting. Daily tasks will only be successful with smooth transfers of information. In order for me to develop within my role, there must be effective communication between the manager , key workers and myself. This will help keep positive morale and improve the quality of work. Staff that do not feel as if they have good communication with their managers may not be as efficient with their work. Effective communication skills are also needed to encourage staff and myself to talk about what we are feeling, to say what we think or to express our needs, concerns, wishes or preferences. Positive verbal and non-verbal communication skills, such as being friendly, smiling and shaking hands when greeting parents and staff, are required on a daily basis to show that I care and am there to support the children. To enable myself to communicate with... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 11). Identify Different Reasons Why People Communicate. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Identify-Different-Reasons-Why-People-Communicate-823707.html
"Identify Different Reasons Why People Communicate" StudyMode.com. 11 2011. 2011. 11 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Identify-Different-Reasons-Why-People-Communicate-823707.html>.
- MLA 7
"Identify Different Reasons Why People Communicate." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2011. Web. 11 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Identify-Different-Reasons-Why-People-Communicate-823707.html>.
"Identify Different Reasons Why People Communicate." StudyMode.com. 11, 2011. Accessed 11, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Identify-Different-Reasons-Why-People-Communicate-823707.html.