Somaliland Youth Development Association (SYDA)
Tactical Marketing Plan
Practice: Somaliland Policy & Reconstruction Institute (SOPRI) Name of Campaign: Somaliland Youth Development Association (SYDA) Campaign Manager: Issaq Gass
The objective is to open a youth complex facility which targets youth development in a country in the Horn of Africa following the market strategies specified in this plan.
All local schools and universities in the capital city of Hargeisa, local newspapers in the capital city, Somaliland TV, Horn Cable TV, Universal TV (The three major local TV networks in Somaliland), Flyers around every major business in the city, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.
Target contact demographics
1) Meet with the three major Somaliland TV networks to promote the new complex and benefits for youth joining as members. 2) Flyers all around the capital city of Hargeisa at schools, universities, Major Businesses, and transportation centers. 3) Advertise on major Somaliland news websites as an ad. 4) Advertise in the local major newspapers, try to get front page appearance. 5) Create Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts to update news and information about the complex, take advantage of all social network feedback tools to see feedback. For examples likes, comments, tweets, and shares. 6) Discuss the new facility on the Somaliland National Radio. 7) Try to get in touch with the information ministry of the country to get an emailing list of all the youth enrolled in their system.
The Somaliland Policy and Reconstruction Institute (SOPRI) is an independent professional organization founded in Los Angeles, California in 1992 by a group of concerned Somali-Americans and Somalilanders who were deeply committed to help Somaliland. We will sponsor this Somaliland Youth Development Association to spearhead the high unemployment amongst the youth in the country and develop the youth everyday with community to make sure that the youth, regardless of background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive in the country.
Call to action
Sell – 50,000 memberships before opening day.
Make the facility the new gathering spot for youth to not only offer enrichment programs for the youth but to help them avoid crime, drugs, and violence as well.
What is the pull-through offer?
Offer 500 free memberships through filling out a lottery online which we would email out to all the youth on the server as well post on all of our social media websites.
1) Complete facility by Summer 2013
2) Create Facebook, Twitter, YouTube accounts.
3) Complete communication and deals between target contact demographics. 4) Try to get a lot of government influence through our contact list. 5) Reach out to tribal sultans to help them promote amongst the specific tribes in the city. 6) Try to set up an assembly at local schools and universities discussing ways they can create jobs by meeting at the facility to tackle the high unemployment amongst the youth. 7) Set up all interviews in the next few months.
8) Start lottery process for free memberships a month prior to opening.
Pre – event follow up
Consistently following up with the development list and target contact demographics list to make sure we are on the right path. Making sure we are gaining a lot of support throughout the capital city primarily the youth and parents of the youth. Also, daily check for feedback we might need to respond to via our social media websites.
Post – event follow up
Seeing if everything is going in the right direction and to see if everything was done and completed as planned. If we have time before opening possibly add more target demographics or make more appearances to broaden targets....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document