NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Unit 1: Exploring Equality and Diversity
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learnforschools.com and send your completed Assessment to your teacher via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
1. What is meant by diversity?
Diversity means where people appreciate many peoples characteristic that make them unique as an individual. For example age, gender, disability’s,…etc.
2. Describe the community you live in. Highlight some of the variations you may observe in terms of: • Interests
• Personal, social and cultural identities.
3. Explain how the variations in question 2 contribute to the diversity of the community.
4. Give some examples to explain how diversity:
• Enhances your life
• Enhances the local community
• Enhances this country.
5. Describe what it means to respect people’s differences and why it is important to respect differences. Everyone has their rights against discrimination. Just because people may think differently about your culture, disability or anything other they should still hold back what they think about people like you would to. If we don’t respect people’s differences we would be discriminating against them which are unfair to anyone. People should respect who people are or what they want to be.
6. For a person you know, describe the individual factors that make him / her who they are.
Name: Jodie cooper
|Defining factors |Brief description | |Physical characteristics |Originally mousey brown hair, blue eyes, really large eye lashes. | | | | | | | | | | | | | |Emotions |She is a loving and caring independent likes to have her own space | | |honest about anything. | | | | | | | | | | |Likes and dislikes |She likes Hindi, rock, | | |Rnb, rap music she’s obsessive over Eminem She dislikes tomato | | |sauce, people talking over her, clingy people. | |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document