You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
1/ Duties & Responsibilities
3/ Hours of Work
4/ Probationary Period
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
1/ Health & Safety
2/ Pay & Pensions
3/ Data Protection
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
3/ Employment Rights & Responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
1/ Line Manager
2/ Trade Union
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
They have the expertise & knowledge to help support staff. The information they have will be up to date and relevant
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Train Staff Equally
Equal Pay For Men & Woman
Don’t judge or label people
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
Employee – Staff will be happier to work for a company they feel treat people equally
Employer – Company won’t have high turnover of staff or staff taking action against company due to procedures not being followed
Overall – Workforce will be better motivated and productive
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health, safety and security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employers must safe guard their employees & others connected to the organisation. Employees must adhere to all rules and regulations to prevent harm to be caused to themselves or others. When employers set policies and employees follow these it will reduce risk to all
2. Explain the purpose of following health, safety and security procedures in a business environment.
Following health, safety and security procedures makes a safer environment for everyone to work in, not following health, safety and security procedurescan mean breaking the law
3. Describe three different ways of maintaining a safe and secure business...