Unit 1: Exploring Equality and Diversity
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learnforschools.com and send your completed Assessment to your teacher via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
1. What is meant by diversity?
Diversity means differences such as different religious beliefs, different cultural traditions, music, art, dancing etc. In the context of society and culture, diversity is usually mentioned in discussing multicultural societies.
2. Describe the community you live in. Highlight some of the variations you may observe in terms of: • Interests
• Personal, social and cultural identities.
The area I live in I don’t really know if there Is anyone who doesn’t believe in god there is a church but its closed even on Sundays there isn’t that much in my area there is a place to worship its quite big there are always a lot off people going but I don’t know any there are all from other local areas where there is nowhere to worship.
3. Explain how the variations in question 2 contribute to the diversity of the community.
Because if there is places to worship you can make some more friends, brings the community together more, lets you meet new people, meet the people who liver in your area who maybe have the same beliefs or same religion as you . I have experienced something like this before to see what it was like for other religions meeting we went every Saturday to this Senegal in Whitley bay with a group of Muslims we wore the same clothes as them and lived like they did for a few hours it’s a great experience it makes you realise that everyone is the same and you shouldn’t judge people we found out how hard it was to be a Muslim , like what there not aloud to eat and drink during fasting is the hardest time .
4. Give some examples to explain how diversity:
• Enhances your life:
• Enhances the local community
• Enhances this country.
5. Describe what it means to respect people’s differences and why it is important to respect differences.
Because they may feel like there not wanted always remember the saying every one is equal and the same never judge someone by looks or culture because YOU don’t know how hard it might be for them they walk past people in the street think off the names they get called it may not be there own country but not all religion are the same some people are good and bad but you cant blame whats happened with the bad people on the good people because its not there fault they always get mistreated and judged for no reason.
6. For a person you know, describe the individual factors that make him / her who they are.
|Defining factors |Brief description | |Physical characteristics |Small, black long hair, blue eyes | | | | | | | | | | |...