Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information). In your contract, you should have your:
As there are many points in a Employment Contract I picked out the above.
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment. 1. Health & Safety
2. Data Protection
3. Pay and Pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment. 1. Pension
3. Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information. You can find information on employment rights & responsibilities externally from libraries, citizen Advise Bureaux & trade unions. You can also find Information from work colleagues who have been informed correctly also supervisors & line managers on an internal source.
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees. Representative Bodies can help support employee's by making sure that the employee is treated fairly & not discriminated. Employee's are to be equally treated & have diversity in the work place to enhance the career prospects of all employees in the work place, which will also benefit the employer in the long run. That's how they can support employees in the work place
5. Briefly describe employer and in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections. Employee responsibilities are to treat all other members of staff with dignity & respect you should also treat everyone equally & not to victimise or attempt to victimise anyone who has made complaints of discrimination or provided information on discrimination.
Employer Responsibilities is to promote and maintain an atmosphere in which people of all backgrounds feel welcome, valued and respected. Work towards eliminating any discriminatory practices thereby achieving and maintaining a reputation for being a fair and reasonable organisation in the eyes of the employees, workers, stakeholders, service users and public.
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation. The benefits for an employer would be less likely to face legal action for unlawful discrimination. The Benefits for an employee would be to have potential growth with the company & enhance career prospects. The Benefits of an Organisation would be that it would promote the organisation to make it a better work place by having diversity &...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document