NAME – Abbigail
DATE STARTED – 10/30/12
DISNEY PARKS VACATION - GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
1. PLEASE READ ALONG WITH ME AS I EXPLAIN WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO FOR THIS PROJECT.
2. We will go through the instructions and the decision process step-by-step so that everybody will know what to do.
3. You will be planning a vacation for your family, the length of which is seven (7) days starting Sunday November 11, 2012 and ending on Saturday November 17, 2012.
4. You will have to make a number of decisions throughout this project. For example, will you drive or fly? How many parks will you go to? How much will you spend on food and souvenirs?
5. The maximum number of people that you will be able to take on the vacation is five (5). If you have more than five (5) people in your family, there’s your first decision!
6. ONE THING I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER WHEN YOU ARE USING EXCEL IS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER ANY INFORMATION IN ANY CELL OTHER THAN THE ONES HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW. YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE TELLING YOU THAT YOU CANNOT DO THAT!
7. Your budget will be given to you on a randomly selected basis. Record it in the box below.
Right now, I want you to save this file [File, Save As] and change the name to Disney Parks Vacation Packet to your flash-drive. If you don’t have a flash-drive, you may borrow one from me until you get one by this Friday.
You will be using this document to complete the project. At the end, you will be showing it to me for a grade, so make sure you fill it out properly.
Read the statement below
I have read the above instructions and descriptions and I understand everything that I am being asked to do so far.
DISNEY PARKS VACATION - PEOPLE GOING
You will need to decide who is going on the vacation. Remember, if you have more than five (5) people in your family, sorry but someone has to stay home!
Below, please enter the ages of the people who will be going on the vacation. Names are optional.
PERSON 1 - AGE
PERSON 2 - AGE
PERSON 3 - AGE
PERSON 4 - AGE
PERSON 5 - AGE
DISNEY PARKS VACATION - GETTING THERE
First of all you have to decide whether you are going to fly to Orlando International Airport (which is the airport closest to where the parks are located), or if your family will drive. Read the descriptions below and decide which method of transportation you are going to take. Keep your budget in mind!
If you decide to fly, you have to make a decision what time of day to fly. Your choices can be found on the DISNEY PARKS VACATION – AIRPLANE TICKETS document. Read that document and follow the directions.
If you fly, you can spend all seven (7) days in the park system, but it might be more expensive. KEEP YOUR BUDGET IN MIND!
Try and pick a Returning Flight that will give you the most time in the park system.
If you decide to drive, you will have to spend three (3) days on the road (roundtrip), so you will only have a maximum of four (4) days to spend at the parks. It will, however, be cheaper (which, if you have a smaller budget, will help with expenses).
To simplify things, your family will be staying in Atlanta, Georgia both going there and coming back. You can pick your hotel/motel from the DISNEY PARKS VACATION – ON-THE-ROAD ACCOMMODATIONS document.
The distance from the Chicago Area to the Disney Park system is 2,500 miles roundtrip.
You will also be able to choose the type of vehicle to make the trip. You should keep in mind that the larger the vehicle the more you will have to spend for gas, but the more comfortable you will be on the road.
DISNEY PARKS VACATION – AIRPLANE TICKETS
1. Select the Departing Flight by highlighting it and putting it in bold. 2. Select the Returning Flight by highlighting it and putting it in bold.
Departing Flight: Chicago (Midway), IL to Orlando, FL
Please join StudyMode to read the full document