The following quotes may be used in a variety of ways by both teachers and counselors. One idea is for a thought to be posted, read, and discussed at the beginning of each week. It could then be read daily with the students. At the end of the week ask them what they learned or how the thought applied to their lives or activities during the week. Have the children give written or oral examples, or have them draw a picture to illustrate their ideas.
1. How I look is not as important as how I act.
2. I treat others the way I want them to treat me.
3. I am a good sport; I follow the rules, take turns and play fair.
4. It is okay to laugh at funny things, but not to laugh at others.
5. I do not gossip; if I cannot say anything helpful, I do not say anything at all.
6. When I am sad, I help myself feel better by thinking of things that are good in my life.
7. In order to have friends, I must act in a kind way.
8. I believe that I am someone who can do important things.
9. What I say and how I say it tells others the kind of person I am.
10. I appreciate my family, my teachers, and my school.
11. I treat everyone with respect.
12. When I listen, I show others that I care about them.
13. I am being a good citizen when I volunteer to help others.
14. I think for myself and make smart choices that are good for me.
15. Each day offers a new start to do my best.
16. I try to understand what my friends are feeling.
17. Everyone makes mistakes, so instead of getting angry with myself, I try to do better.
18. I do not give up; I keep trying until I can do my work.
19. Sharing with others makes me feel good and makes them feel good too.
20. I work out my problems without hurting myself or others.
21. I am being polite when I wait for my turn and say please and thank you.
22. When I smile at people, they usually smile back.
23. I encourage my friends to do... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 06). Character Building Thoughts. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 06, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Character-Building-Thoughts-1801676.html
"Character Building Thoughts" StudyMode.com. 06 2013. 2013. 06 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Character-Building-Thoughts-1801676.html>.
- MLA 7
"Character Building Thoughts." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 06 2013. Web. 06 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Character-Building-Thoughts-1801676.html>.
"Character Building Thoughts." StudyMode.com. 06, 2013. Accessed 06, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Character-Building-Thoughts-1801676.html.