Assignment – Understand child and young person development
The opportunity for children and young people to develop in a loving caring environment is vital to their development. It is important that professional practitioners know the expected aspects and rate of development to ensure that individuals in their care are given the best opportunity to thrive. The following tasks will help you to understand the support that each child or young person may need.
Produce a reference document that can be used in your setting by yourself and colleagues which contains the following:
Task 1 links to learning outcome 1, assessment criteria 1.1 and 1.2.
* an explanation of the sequence and rate of each aspect of development from birth to 19 years.
* an explanation of the difference between:
* the sequence of and rate of development
* why this difference is important
Task 2 links to learning outcome 2, assessment criteria 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3
* an explanation of how children and young people’s development is influenced by: * a range of external factors
* a range of personal factors
* an explanation of how current practice is influenced by: * theories of development
* frameworks to support development
Task 3 links to learning outcome 3, assessment criteria 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4
* an explanation of how to monitor children and young people’s development using different methods. You may find it useful to use work products to illustrate your answer, e.g. child observations.
* an explanation of the reasons why children and young people’s development may not follow the expected pattern. You may find it helpful to use work products to illustrate your answer.
* an explanation of how disability may affect development.
* an explanation of how different types of interventions can promote positive outcomes for children and young people where development...