Unit two: Principles of providing administrative services
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 9 pages and is made up of 9 Sections.
Name: Jacqueline Batty
Section 1 – Understand how to make and receive telephone calls
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of at least two different features of a telephone system and how / when they would be used.
|Feature |How / when used | |Answering machine |The answering machine is usually accessed by pressing the number 1 | | |button on the phone. This gives you access to messages that other | | |people have left. | | | | |Call waiting |This is used to alert the user that there is another call waiting | | |for them. This is generally signalled by a beep sound. | | | | | | |
2. Prepare a brief report advising people on:
• How to follow organisational procedures when making and receiving telephone calls • The purpose of giving a positive image of yourself and your organisation when making and receiving telephone calls.
If possible, use specific information from procedures in your own organisation (or one that you are familiar with).
Most businesses have procedures and policies they expect their employees to follow these might be some of the following: Answering the telephone after a certain amount of rings
Greet the callers with a standard greeting
Read specific scripts on certain calls
Answer colleague’s phones if they are away from their desk Always ask for permission to make any personal calls
When making and receiving calls it is important to make a positive impression. By answering the phone you become responsible for creating a positive image of yourself and the business. Always answer the phone with a smile and in a happy manner.
Section 2 – Understand how to handle mail
1. Explain the purpose of correctly receiving, checking and sorting mail and packages (both incoming and outgoing).
It is important to follow the correct procedures for receiving, checking, sorting incoming and outgoing mail or packages. If a mistake is made then someone May be waiting on the arrival of an important document and it may go to the wrong person, or even go missing completely.
2. Complete the table below with the following information:
• At least two examples of internal mail services that are available to organisations • At least two examples of external mail services that are available to organisations
|Internal mail services |External mail services...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document