Orient Craft Limited, Manesar
Proto Tech Pack Assessment
By Under the guidance of
V. Priyadarshini Associate Professor DFT
Akhil Tyagi (2) Haqiqat Ali (12) Md. Jawed Akhtar (15) Sumit Sinha (27) DFT - 5
Established in 1978
One of the largest Export House in India
Turnover of around 725 crores Deal with US and European buyers 21 manufacturing units in and around Delhi . strength of 25000 workers. Major clients- Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, Macy's, Dillards,
Marks and Spencer, Esprit, Armani, DKNY, Ann Taylor, United Colors of Benetton, LEVIS and Debenhams.
Process flow of Merchandising
1. Tech pack received consisting of GSS (Graded Spec Sheet) and all the details of the style e.g., trim & construction details 2. Tech pack sent to the sampling department for development of the proto sample
3. Fabric consumption along with mini markers from CAD
4. Cost calculation/ Final Costing.
5. Confirming Purchase Order (PO) and receival
6. Bulk fabric and trims ordered based on PO quantity.
7. Getting fit sample approved
8. Fabric Performance Testing (FPT) to conform to buyer standards
9. Getting size samples approved
10. Preparing the cutting ticket in PPC and handing it over to Cutting department
11. Pilot run
12. Bulk begins
13. Getting Top of Production (TOP) samples approved
14. Follow up/ Regular tracking and update
1.5 Order shipment
Proto Tech pack – The initial informative sheet which
encompasses all specifications required for the development
of a proto sample
Proto sample :- made on substitute fabrics, using available
accessories and then checked on the dress form. Further the quality checker checks the sample, and makes the necessary changes pertaining to the fit, the drape, the style details etc.
Fit sample : fit of the garment assumes importance here. It is
usually done on actual fabrics and...