EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Know the statutory responsibilities and rights of employees and employers within own area of work
1. List the aspects of employment covered by law
2. List the main features of current employment legislation 3. Outline why legislation relating to employment exists
4. Identify the sources and types of information and advice available in relation to employment responsibilities and rights.
2. Understand agreed ways of working that protect own relationship with employer
1. Describe the terms and conditions of own contract of employment
The terms and conditions of my contract of employment is an agreement between myself and The Warren Pre School that sets out my rights and responsibilities as an employee and also other conditions about my employment. For example:
• Rate of pay
• Holiday entitlement
• Duties and responsibilities
A signed copy of my contract of employment is kept in my file. Other information relating to my employment including disciplinary and grievance procedures, sickness absence, resignation and redundancy are outlined in my staff handbook.
2. Describe the information shown on own pay statement
My payslip contains the following information:
• My name and home address.
• My tax code. This tells Warren Pre-School how much tax to deduct from my wages. • National Insurance Number
• Deductions. This includes tax and national insurance. • Year to date. The total that I have been paid so far this financial year • Net pay. The total amount that has been paid to me once all my deductions have been made.
I have attached a copy of my payslip.
3. Describe the procedures to follow in the event of a grievance
The procedures that I must follow in the event of a grievance are detailed in my staff handbook and are as follows:
• If I was dissatisfied with any relevant area of my...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document