To establish and operate an effective organization, all managers perform several major functions or activities. These functions enable managers to create a positive work environment and to provide the opportunities and incentives. The key management functions include
Each of these functions are critical to the success of any manager and organizations.
The primary function of the four is PLANNING.
Planning is the process of analyzing the situation, determining the goals/ objectives that will be pursued in the future, and deciding in advance the actions that will be taken to achieve the goals.
The following are the steps involved in PLANNING PROCESS
1.Reviewing the current operation situation.
2. Conducting the current operation strengths/ weaknesses.
3. Studying the External environmental factors affecting the operation.
4. Studying the expectations of the operations.
5. Determine the opportunities for improvements/growth and negatives constraints.
6. Based on the above analyses, determine the goals and objectives for the operation for the future period.
7. Based on the objectives, determine your strategy how you are going to achieve the objectives.
8. Based on the strategy, determine the action plans that has to be implemented.
9. Your action plan will determine the resources required
10. Finally a system to monitor the plan/its progress.
PLANNING is the most challenging, because functionally it provides
1.opportunity to determine the environmental impact on the organization / business.
2.opportunity to assess the organization 's strengths/ weaknesses.
3.opportunity to determine the business opportunities/ threats to business.
4.opportunity to develop strategic plans for the company.
5.opportunity to develop long term/short term plans.
6.opportunity to develop a vision for the