The industry analysis should be organized as follows: -Note (Make action oriented, logically ordered)
1. Industry Environment -Discuss the competitors and their market shares. -Discuss the products or services produced by the firms in the industry
2. Strategies and Critical Success Factors in the Industry -Which firms in the industry are pursuing which business-level strategies? -What must a firm do well to compete effectively in this industry?
3. General Environment -How has each force in the general environment influenced this industry?
*4. Key Issues and Future Scenarios -What key opportunities exist for this industry? Which company (or companies) is (are) most likely to take advantage of these opportunities? Why? -What key threats (in terms of new entrants, product life cycle, product obsolescence, substitute products, etc.) exist for this industry?
1. Description of the firm -Company history -Product lines -The scope of the firm (geographic, target customers, technologies, etc) -The size of the firm (sales, assets, employees, etc.) -The firm’s culture and philosophies
2. Strengths and Weaknesses -Which functional areas within the firm are particularly strong and which are particularly weak? Why? -Discuss in detail the firm’s financial (ROA, ROS, sales growth, etc.) and nonfinancial (employment stability/growth, innovation, customer relations, etc) performance over the last three to five years as compared to its industry.
3. Opportunities and Threats -Provide a discussion of the opportunies and threats within the industry that are particularly applicable to your firm.
4. Current Strategy -Describe the firm’s strategies at the corporate and business levels. -Discuss each in detail, and evaluate the, “soundness” of each.
5. What resources does the firm possess? *see Liz’s section and annual report - large network of