Chapter 8 Term Sheet
1. Second Continental Congress (May 1775) - The Second Continental Congress was a convention of delegates from the Thirteen Colonies that met beginning on May 10, 1775, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, soon after warfare in the American Revolutionary War had begun....
AP World History
Unit 2: Chapter 8: The Unification of China
In Search of Political and Social Order
A. Confucius (551-479 B.C.E.) and His School
a. Educator and political authority
b. Sayings were c...
AP US History/MYP Humanities Level 5-- 1 3 7
Date in Full: ________________________ ______,_________
Forging the National Economy, 1790-1860
• Read Chapter 14 from the American Pageant textbook
• Print out this home...
War by Act of Germany
-To defend American interests short of war, the president asked Congress for authority to arm American merchant ships.
-An obstruction of Midwestern senators was a reminder of the continuing strength of American isolationism.
-The Zimmermann note was intercepted and publis...
AP European History
Chapter 10 Outline: Renaissance and Discovery
Section One: The Renaissance in Italy
* Section Overview
* Jacob Burckhardt, a Swiss historian, described the Renaissance as the “prototype of the modern world” in his book Civilization of the Renaiss...
Chapter 22 Key Terms
Describe and state the historical significance of the following:
7. Freedmen's Bureau
Initiated by President Abraham Lincoln and was intended to last for one year after the end of the Civil War. At the end of the war, the Bureau's main...
Chapter 7 Key Terms
Consciousness- Our awareness of ourselves and our environment
Biological rhythms- Periodic physiological fluctuations.
Circadian rhythm- The Biological clock; regular bodily rhythms (for example, of temperature and wakefulness) that occur on a 24 hour cycle.
The Revolutions of Agriculture,
10,000 b.c.e.–3000 b.c.e.
CHAPTER LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• TO MAKE STUDENTS AWARE THAT AGRICULTURE EVOLVED INDEPENDENTLY IN SEVERAL REGIONS OF THE WORLD
• To trace the development of agriculture and...
A. Conquest by the Cradle
1. The common term thirteen original colonies is misleading as Britain ruled thirty-two colonies in North America, including the Caribbean Islands by 1775 but only thirteen of them staked a rebellion
2. Among the distinguishing characteristics tha...
AP European History Study Guide Chapter 15
This study guide is to help you get ready for the test. Some of the information asked is found in the notes, and some in the textbook. This is typical of MOST college classes and this style of study guide is designed to prepare you! Also,...
History is the conceptualization and factual description of events in the past. History includes the discovery, collection, organization and presentation of these events. The study of causation is fundamental to history with the concepts of necessary and sufficient being two...
was the Ghent Treaty a Failure or a Success in the views of Americans? How Did it affect the country ?
Ghent Treaty: Success or Failure?
The War of 1812 was fought between the new and fragile United States against the British Empire, Canadian Provinces and a few Woodland Indian Tribes. The War o...
The second war for Independence and the Upsurge of Nationalism, 1812-1824
Identify and state the historical significance of the following:
1. Oliver Hazard Perry (August 23, 1785 – August 23, 1819) was born in South Kingstown, Rhode Island, the son of Captain Christopher Raymo...
A.P. U.S. History Chapter 4
|Term: |Identification: System under which women were very scarce and did not remain singe for very long due to the colonists’ thirst to |
|Chesapeake social structure |procreate and build a strong, healthy pop...
A.P. U.S. History Notes
Chapter 1: “New World Beginnings”
225 million years ago, Earth was one supercontinent (Pangaea) and ocean. About 10 million years ago, the North America that we know today was formed (geographical shape). The first discoverers of North America were noma...
BALLSTON SPA HIGH SCHOOL
Advanced Placement United States History
AMERICAN PAGEANT (13th Edition)
Identifications and guided reading questions
Chapter #22 Answer Key
Traditions and Encounters
AP World History Review
Chapter 1: Prehistory
The first chapter of Traditions and Encounters sets the stage for the drama of world history by presenting the major milestones in the development of humans from their earliest appearance on earth to the dawn of...
APWH Exam Review Guide
This is basically everything we’ve ever learned in APWH, which I’ve compiled all into one study guide for use on the AP Exam. I know it’s a lot, and I apologize: but we’ve learned a lot. I’ve gone through the entire Princeton Review Book: reading, highlighting, and...
AP U.S. History
Unit I: Key Terms and Concepts
1. "Pilgrims" or Separatists
Separatists were those who wanted to be completely separated from the Church of England. They believed that it had become corrupt beyond repair and simply wanted to start over in a new land. They believed...