related to a complex problem, so the data collected are also complex so that they are Classified & tabulated in simple from to remove complexities.
2) It enables Comparison – In a table, the data are arranged according to different properties & divided into different parts. Due to this, we can compare...
Statistics is a science which deals with
1. Collection of data
2. Classification of data
3. Tabulation of data
4. Analysis the data
5. Interpret the result.
IMPORTANCE OF STATISTICS:
1. Statistics in States2. Statistics in Economics
3. Statistics in Business
4. Statistics in Astronomy
this a random sample? [5 Marks]
2. a) Explain the steps involved in planning of a statistical survey? [5 Marks] b) What are the merits & Demerits of Direct personal observation and Indirect Oral Interview? [5 Marks] 3. a) Draw Ogives from the following data and measure the median value. Verify it by actual...
G R A M
2) Like biological taxonomy, the taxonomy of educational objectives is nothing but a hierarchical classification of human growth in a given domain of development.
1) To remove vagueness and establish accuracy of communication regarding instructional objectives.
2) The taxonomy...
single figure is the measure which can be found at central part of the range of all values. It is the one which represents the entire data set. Hence, this is called the measure of centraltendency.
In other words, the tendency of data to cluster around a figure which is in central location is known...
exclusively on its own internal funds rather than borrowed capital. When the government enforces minimum wage legislations and other social security measures for all permanent workers, the management may decide to recruit only casual laborers through a labor contractor.
Business environment may act either...
Chapter 2Measures of centraltendency
• Different measures of centraltendency
• Proprties, merits and demerits
• Partition Values
Average is a single value which represents the whole data. In other words average is a central value of the data. The arithmetic mean, median, or mode are commonly...
Q 1)Why do central problems arise in an economy? 1 Marks
Ans. Central problems arise in an economy due to scarcity of resources having alternative uses in relation to unlimited wants.
Q 2)What is the general shape of the APP curve? 1 Marks
Ans. APP curve first rises and then falls when more...
Q.2. Explain the purpose of tabular presentation of statistical data. Draft a form of tabulation t show the distribution of population according to i) Community by age, ii) Literacy, iii) Sex, and iv) Marital status.
Q.3. Give a brief note of the measures of centraltendency together with...
2MEASURES OF CENTRALTENDENCY
2.0 Aims and Objectives 2.1 Introduction 2.2 Definition of Average 2.3 Functions and Characterstics of an Average 2.4 Various Measures of Average 2.5 Arithmetic Mean 2.6 Median 2.7 Other Partition or Positional Measures 2.8 Mode 2.9 Relation...
feasibility of producing the product. Hence, data collection is the
back-bone of any decision making process.
Sikkim Manipal University
Page No. 2
Statistics for Management
Many organisations find themselves data-rich but poor in drawing
information from it. Therefore, it is important...
convertibility of mass into energy (or vice versa).
In this entry, we first discuss the physics E = mc2 and its application (Section 1). In Section 2, we identify six distinct, though related, philosophical interpretations of Einstein's equation. We then discuss, in Section 3, the history of derivations...
tangible goods which can be imported and exported. These are visible as they are made up of some matter or material. this is known as merchandise also.
2. INVISIBLE ITEMS: invisible items include all types of services like shipping,banking,tourist etc.
3. UNILATERAL TRANSFERS: These are those payments...
Statistics is used for various purposes. It is used to simplify mass data and to make comparisons easier. It is also used to bring out trends and tendencies in the data as well as the hidden relations between variables. All this helps to make decision making much easier. Let us look at each function of...
data of a time series are bivariate data where time is the independent variable.
1) The population of India on different census dates.
2) Year wise production of cereals.
3) Annual industrial production figures.
4) Annual sales of a departmental store etc.
Symbolically if ‘t’...
Q1. What are the characteristics of a good measure of centraltendency? [5Marks](b) What are the uses of averages? [5 Marks]Answer:a).
The characteristics of a good measure of centraltendency are:
Present mass data in a concise form
The mass data is condensed to make the data readable and to use...
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
Definitions, Scope and Limitations Introduction to sampling methods Collection of data, Classification and Tabulation Frequency distribution Diagramatic and graphical representation Measures of CentralTendencyMeasures of Dispersion, Skewness and...
first sight. The single value expression or presentation of data is called central value. The values of variable tend to concentrate around the central value, which is also called centraltendency. Whatever measure of centraltendency is selected to represent the data, it fails to provide the complete picture...
Behaviour & Principles & Practices of Management Course Code: NLCMBA-101 1. Explain the term “Organisational Behavior” State the Elements of Organizational Behavior. What are its Features? 2. Explain the Historical Development of Organizational Behavior. Describe the evolution of Organisational Behavior 3...