WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Sathe Synthetics PROJECT REPORT
Submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Two year full time, Masters in Business Administration. By
Karan veer Singh
DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY PHAGWARA (2009-2011)
Whatever we do and whatever we achieve during the course of our limited life is just not done only by our own efforts, but by efforts contributed by other people associated with us indirectly or directly. I thank all those people who contributed to this from the very beginning until its successful end.
I sincerely thank Mr. Subodh kr. Teotia (Personnel manager, Sathe Synthetics, Ghaziabad), person of amiable personality, for assigning such a challenging project work which has enriched my work experience and getting me acclimatized in a fit and final working ambience in the premises of Sathe Synthetics.
I acknowledge my gratitude to Mr. Nitin Dhir (Lovely Professional University), for his extended guidance, encouragement, support and reviews without whom this project would not have been a success. Last but not the least I would like to extend my thanks to all the employees at Sathe Synthetics, Ghaziabad (prop. Rakesh fuel pvt. Ltd.) and my friends for their cooperation, valuable information and feedback during my project.
KARAN VEER SINGH
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2. INDUSTRY PROFILE 3. ABOUT THE COMPANY a. Company profile b. Mission & Vision c. Company Leadership d. Company Products e. SCOT Analysis of Sathe synthetics
4. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY 5. REVIEW OF LITERATURE 6. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 7. WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT a. Introduction b. Working Capital Analysis c. Nature & importance of working capital d. The importance of Good Working Capital e. Working Capital Cycle
8. OPERATING CYCLE OF SATHE SYNTHETICS a. Gross operating cycle b. Net operating cycle
9. SCHEDULE CHANGE IN WORKING CAPITAL & ANALYSIS 10. WORKING CAPITAL RATIOS OF SATHE SYNTHETICS a. Receivable Ratio b. Payable Ratio c. Inventory Ratio d. Current Ratio e. Quick Ratio f. Working capital turnover ratio
11. ANALYSIS OF THE STUDY a. Analysis of various components b. Inventory c. Sundry Debtors d. Cash & Bank Balance e. Current Liability f. Provision Analysis
12. CONCLUSION 13. SUGGESSATIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS 14. BIBLIOGRAPHY & REFRENCES 15. ANNEXURES
Executive Summary The project on Working Capital Management has been a very good experience. Every manufacturing company faces the problem of Working Capital Management in their day-to-day processes. An organization¶s cost reduced and the profits increased only if it is able to manage its Working Capital efficiently. At the same time, the company can provide customer satisfaction and hence can improve their overall productivity and profitability.
This project is a sincere effort to study and analyze the Working Capital Management of Sathe Synthetics, GZB. The project focused on making a financial overview of the company by conducting a Working Capital analysis of SATHE group for the years 2005 to 2009 and Ratios & various components of working capital & format emphasizing on Working Capital.
The internship is a bridge between the institute and the organization. This made me to be involved in a project that helped me to employ my theoretical knowledge about the myriad and fascinating facets of finance. Moreover, in the process I could contribute substantially to the organization¶s growth. The experience that I gathered over the past two months has certainly provided the orientation, which I believe will help me in shouldering any responsibility in future.
HISTORY OF THE INDIAN TEXTILE INDUSTRY: The human need is to eat well for to be alive and shelter to protect them from discomforts of nature and a place to live in. Human beings also need something to cover their body to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document