It always has been a little puzzling to figure out what exactly makes a top-notch Inside Sales Person. Well-Run Concepts, Inc. has been conducting research to quantify what is needed in the position of Inside Sales today. We used a comprehensive, validated, step-by-step process called the Trimetrix™ system to determine what is needed for top performance. This article will summarize our findings to date and here is what we found. Attributes tells us if an individual can do the job by looking at what personal skills or competencies are needed in the job of Inside Sales Person. 1.
SELF MANAGEMENT: The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames.
• Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner
• Prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities
• Maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision
• Minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame 2.
GOAL ACHIEVEMENT: The overall ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances.
• Establishes goals that are relevant, realistic and attainable
• Identifies and implements required plans and milestones to achieve specific business goals
• Initiates activity toward goals without unnecessary delay
• Stays on target to complete goals regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances 3.
RESULTS ORIENTATION: The ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results.
• Maintains focus on goals
• Identifies and acts on removing potential obstacles to successful goal attainment
• Implements thorough and effective plans and applies appropriate resources to produce desired results
• Follows through on all commitments to achieve results.
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY: A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document